Psychology & Psychotherapy at Inner Actions.
My name is Luisa Dal Molin and I am a Clinical Psychologist registered with the Psychology Board of Australia. I can provide you with professional services whether you are referring yourself or being referred by your GP or psychiatrist. My offices are conveniently located in Deakin, Canberra.
Psychological Services Available.
- Clinical Psychology
- Medicare rebated services (conditions apply)
I can assist you with a wide range of issues including:
- Life transitions
- Life's "just not working"
- Relationship Difficulties
- Improving Parenting Skills (Accredited 'Circle of Security Parenting Program')
- Difficulties maintaining friendships and healthy relationships with others
- Workplace issues (bullying, harassment & stressful environments)
- Trauma and Abuse (including the impact of childhood trauma and sexual abuse)
- Depression (both acute and chronic) and other "Mood Disorders"
- Dealing with Anxiety (including panic attacks)
- Alcohol and Drug Dependency
- Identity, self-esteem and self-worth issues
- Obsessive and Compulsive Behaviours
- Personality Disorders
Psychotherapy Services Available.
I also offer psychotherapy services. I am an experienced, skilled professional who utilises a range of approaches depending on your needs as an individual. Psychotherapy provides medium and long term therapy to enable you to work on issues that interfere with living a satisfying life or impact on your mental well-being.
The people seeking psychotherapy with me include those who:
- Simply want to check out their thinking
- Want to undertake personal development
- Want to improve their relationships with significant others, their children and themselves
- Want to change something that isn't working in their lives
- Are looking for more meaning or purpose in their lives
- Have a mental health concern which is limiting their enjoyment of life
You can refer yourself to see me without any special requirements. Simply phone or email to make an appointment or discuss your particular situation. If you refer yourself, then health fund benefits may be accessible, but Medicare rebates are not available.
Medicare Rebates with a GP Referral
If you visit your GP and they determine that you have a diagnosable mental health condition (e.g. Depression or Anxiety), then they can prepare a Mental Health Treatment Plan (MHTP) for you and refer you to me. If you are referred under an MHTP, then you may be entitled to claim a proportion of the fee from Medicare for some services (normally an initial referral will be for 6 sessions with the possibility of another 4 in the same calendar year). The required steps are:
- Phone or email me to check my availability.
- Attend your GP to discuss your situation (it's usually advisable to tell them in advance that you are seeking an MHTP so they can make a long appointment for you).
- If your GP agrees and prepares an MHTP for you, ask them to refer you to a psychologist. If you wish to see me, ensure that the referral is directed to either Inner Actions, or Luisa Dal Molin directly - your GP is the referrer and can decide to refer you to another psychologist.
- Phone me back to confirm an appointment time.
- Ensure that the referral is either electronically sent, mailed or faxed to me, or bring it with you to your first appointment. I cannot apply the required Medicare code without a valid referral. (See 'Medicare Referrals' for further details about MHTP referrals and requirements).
Fees for services at Inner Actions:
|Medicare Rebated Services
|Self referred clients
My fees are substantially discounted from the recommended APS schedule of fees. If you anticipate difficulty meeting the above fees, please discuss this with me at the time of making an appointment.
If you need to cancel your session please advise me as soon as practicable.
- Sessions cancelled with less than 24 hours notice will incur a $110.00 cancellation fee.
- Medicare does not cover cancellation fees or fees for services that you do not attend.